Don’t Get Paranoid – Consult A Doctor, It Might Be Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia doctors in Hyderabad – if you are searching for this term then you are at the right place. Read the following information carefully.
Schizophrenia is not an alien term these days – rather, a disease that victimizes persons in their early adulthood or late adolescence. Schizophrenia is a disease which doesn’t leave its victim with ease and make them struggle for life. The common characteristics of the disease can be hallucinations, cognitive difficulties, and delusions. Schizophrenia affects the minimum percentage in every group of the population. The symptoms are noticeable as disorganized thoughts, and speech, disorganized thoughts, hallucinations, delusions, lack of motivation, trouble thinking and paranoia.
There is not a single cause behind the onset of this disease; rather a combination of factors including:
- Genes: If there is a family history of schizophrenia in the past, then there are chances that it can affect the present members as well.
- Family: Although, there is no exact report that family can be the reason of schizophrenia one can’t ignore the adverse impacts of family issues in the mind of the patient.
- Environment: Before the onset of this disease, the patient exhibits anxiety, less focus on their work and daily routines, and bad temper. This can cause problems in relationships, divorce, and unemployment at the workplace.
- Chemicals and drug abuse: Intake of certain drugs like LSD and cannabis can cause schizophrenic relapses. Usage of an excessive amount of cannabis can act as a trigger in the first round of psychosis.
- Imbalances in the brain: Imbalance of serotonin and dopamine can hamper the mind with the onset of the disease.
What are the symptoms of schizophrenia?
The symptoms of this disease are very complex and differ from person to person. Which means one can’t almost relate to two different patients who have schizophrenia. According to many renowned schizophrenia doctors in Hyderabad, there are certain generic symptoms one can always rely on.
- Delusions: Delusions can also take many forms – as if delusions of persecutions, delusions of phobias, delusions of premonitions, etc. The affected persons might think themselves as the most powerful persons on this planet or even consider others as their controller.
- Disorder in the thought process: The person might start rambling out of the blue, within a meaningful conversation. May get involved in confused speech and thinking – abnormal movements, bizarre behaviour and trouble thinking
- Loss of memory – There are problems with attention, concentration, memory
- Hallucinations: People with schizophrenia may experience a plethora of hallucinations, but the common ones include hearing voices, seeing things which are not there or tasting something with a difference.
- Unaware of their illness: A schizophrenic patient is always averse to the medications. Because they always think that they are well and nothing has happened to them.
- What is schizophrenia in actual terms – Watch this Live Here
With a proper diagnosis, one can combat any illnesses
The key to the diagnosis of schizophrenia is proper observance. Schizophrenia doctors in Hyderabad observe their patients and ask for the past records of the patient if the disease is suspected. Certain tests can be deployable to check for symptoms of schizophrenia.
An assessment of the mental state of the patient by asking the person about his fatal tendencies, mood swings and by observing the person’s personality and traits can be helpful.
Schizophrenia Treatment Hyderabad
The primary treatment is medication. But strict adherence to the dosages is of utmost importance. It is normal that the patient goes into a state of denial and denies that they are a patient and thus, rejects the medicine. This can lead to further worsening of the conditions. It requires a long-term commitment from both the medical as well as the social fraternity. Patients may take a long time to recover, but with proper support of family, friends and other services in the community, one can challenge and come out of this disease.
If you are loooking for schizophrenia specialist in Hyderabad, meet Dr. Vikram Sharma for proper counselling, diagnosis and treatment.